If you're looking for glaucoma treatment in Hampton Bays, NY, we at Legacy Optical can help improve your vision and quality of life substantially. We want to help you by offering a wide range of services and eye disease management, so you can continue to see clearly. Below are some of the best treatment services for glaucoma and how we can help.
What is Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is an eye disease that damages the optic nerve and can cause severe vision loss or even blindness. It's caused by increased pressure in the eye, which weakens the optic nerve over time. Glaucoma cannot be cured, but with timely diagnosis and treatment, it can be managed to maintain your quality of vision.
What Causes Glaucoma?
The main cause of glaucoma is a buildup of intraocular pressure (IOP) inside the eye. If left untreated, this can damage the optic nerve and lead to vision loss. Other causes of glaucoma can include:
- Age – The risk of developing some forms of Glaucoma increases with age.
- Genetics – Individuals who have a family history of Glaucoma may have an increased risk of developing the disease.
- Medical Conditions – Certain systemic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and vascular diseases can increase your risk for Glaucoma.
- Eye Injury/Trauma – An injury to the eye could also contribute to the development of Glaucoma.
At Legacy Optical, we offer a variety of treatment options to help manage your glaucoma and protect your vision. We can provide a comprehensive eye exam, diagnostic testing, laser treatments, medications, and more to best suit the individual needs of our patients. Treatment options might include:
- Medications: Medications can be used to reduce eye pressure and prevent further damage to the optic nerve. Depending on the severity of your glaucoma, several different medications can be prescribed.
- Laser Treatment: Laser treatment is another option for treating glaucoma. This type of therapy uses a high-energy laser beam to reduce the amount of fluid within the eye, helping to regulate pressure and prevent further damage.
- Surgery: Surgery may be required in severe cases of glaucoma or when other treatments have not been effective. This type of surgery involves creating a new drainage channel for the intraocular fluid, which helps reduce pressure and protect vision.
Glaucoma Treatment in Hampton Bays, NY
At Legacy Optical, we understand that living with glaucoma can be difficult, but we're here to help. We provide comprehensive diagnosis and treatment services tailored to your individual needs so you can continue seeing clearly and protect your vision for the future. Contact us today to learn more about our glaucoma treatment options in Hampton Bays, NY.